Once more I prove I am just not cut out to be a blogger! =P The holidays have come, and, I think now, faded away. I had much fun with friends and family and ringing in the New Year. Watched Dick Clark of course!
No job leads yet, but I have plenty to keep me busy in the mean time. I'm also enjoying the extra time I have to cook and clean and read. And yes, I know I just called myself out as a dweeb! But at any rate, I think 2009 is starting out just fine for me.
In other news, my sister is engaged! Her boyfriend, now fiance, proposed just at the New Year's countdown at the party they went to. It was a big surprise for her! He graduates from TBS (I think) this month and then will be at another nearby Marine post, so he'll be in the area which is nice. No date yet, but it may be the end of this year, or more likely sometime next year.
My parents house is on/ahead of schedule, so come June or July they'll be moving! My brother is starting the second step in flight school, "traded" (as it were) to an Air Force base in OK. for this portion. Lots of changes for the family! Yikes, now I just better hurry up and get a new job so I can count myself amongst the fun too. =O
I do continue to be blessed with a sense of comfort and "rightness" about this part of my life, though I am a tad worried that I don't have more of a sense of urgency. If anyone hears of anything good job-wise, please let me know! I can use all the leads I can get! This new job will be important because it may very well help determine where I live after my parents move and the house sells. If I get a job in DC (which I think is my inclination at the moment) I want to stay on the Hill, but if I find something in VA I might move out thataways.
Ah, craziness! Even so, "the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself". Time will reveal the Lord's plan for me soon, and I pray He grants me the patience to wait until then!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm praying for you! I'm glad that you seem happy w/ your decision. Rachel has asked for Miss Katy all week. Lemme know if you want to hang out w/ us this week! My Wednesday is still open;-)
Post a Comment