This week I had the good fortune to indulge in one of my favorites things - really excellent food. On Tuesday I went out to lunch at Zaytinya, which is just a block from where I work. I'd only ever been there once before, but I loved it, and had been hoping to go again. Tuesday had started off a little rough (coming off a really unproductive weekend and an unusually crazy Monday) and I was feeling rather uninspired about the food I had brought with me. So I was trying to decide what I really wanted to eat (at 10 minutes to lunch time) when all of a sudden divine intervention struck: go to Zaytinya! I quickly made a reservation (I'm working on racking up my OpenTable points) and headed out.
If you have never been, Zaytinya serves Mediterranean style small plates (mezzes), so you usually get a few things to make up a normal size meal. I ordered falafel (the best!), a lamb and tahini pita, and also got one of the seasonal specials - stuffed Squash Blossoms! Everything was amazing! I was particularly excited about the squash blossoms, I've been wanting to try something like that since I see them used frequently on the Food Network.
It's funny that so little a thing as food can have such an affect on people, but my day just really turned around after that and I had a great afternoon and evening. It never ceases to amaze me how well my Maker knows me, my needs and all the many (unexpected!) things that communicate His care.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that sounds awesome! I love mediterranean food.
Post a Comment