I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love books! I don't love all books, but I love most books. I particularly love classic literature and children's books. Add those two together, and I go nuts for any good, timeless, children's classic. I don't even think I could pick a favorite! So imagine my joy and surprise when this week I was blessed with the opportunity to avail myself of a huge stack of kid's books - for free!
I went to a Book Swap with two of my favorite babysitting kids, an event that was put on by their school. The idea was in the weeks prior, each student brings in some books that they don't need anymore and gets a ticket for each one. Then everyone comes in on Swap night and gets one "new" book for every ticket. Lest anyone think I was taking the books dishonorably, I assure you the staff/teachers running the event were very kind, and eager to see that all books be taken, and so were circling around giving out extra tickets. They'd whisper to the adults that everyone was free to take as many as they'd like. Seeing as it was pouring down rain that night and I think they had a lower turn out than expected, I needed no second bidding!
I think the best part was that the books weren't brand new, they were previously loved and in some cases so previously, that you can't even get it new anymore if you wanted! Case in point: The King, the Mice, and the Cheese! My passion for kid's books may stem from the fact that even though I moved around a lot growing up, my books always stayed the same, and so I developed a special love for them. Of course the same is very true for other things like movies, stuffed animals, games, and even dishware, but you get the idea. Whatever the reason though, I have some great new books, and it was a wonderful surprise and unique blessing to get them when I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment