Yes, I know it's fairly late to do a Memorial Day post, but here is the recap of my weekend.
Friday was blissful, we got out early from work so I enjoyed a leisurely early evening at home. Then I went out with my sister and parents to Matchbox for some very excellent pizza. We'd never been there before, I recommend it! Top off the evening with some reading and I was set!
Saturday I slept in a little bit, then headed off to Mount Vernon with my sister and her fiance. I love Mount Vernon. I'm not sure why I like it so much but I just really love being there. Since we had all been before we decided to just tour the grounds and skip the house to save time. VERY good decision. I like the house and think it's good to see if you haven't before, but since it was a hot day and we got a late morning start we were thrilled to have the time to tour the grounds at a slower pace.
Since it was a holiday weekend (or at least I think that's why) there were tons of costumed reenactors all over. I don't recall seeing any before, or at least no where near that many, so it was a totally new experience. It felt very appropriate for Memorial Day too, it was nice to do something kind of patriotic. We covered the whole estate and then cooled down indoors at the museum before leaving. We watched one of the videos too, which I had not seen before and it was excellent, there was a fog/snow effect and the seats vibrated during the battles too. Managed to survive the day with no sunburn - yay!
After a late lunch (with smoothies!) we headed home, then immediately left again to pick up my brother at the airport. I drove my own car up (since we were out of room) with the dogs in the back (they always enjoy a good car ride) and they went nuts when they saw Bud. We headed home for dinner and dessert, after which I whomped my mom and brother in New Deal Rummy.
Sunday was more family time and relaxing at home, time with my bro, and reading. Very relaxing!
Monday I headed to the grocery store to take advantage of a really good coupon (ended up saving over $35) and got a bunch of chores done around the house. I was really happy to have everything all clean and tidy to start off the week. Bud headed back in the afternoon, so we had a quiet evening after that.
I think this was one of the best holiday weekends I've had in a long time. Sometimes it's hard to really feel relaxed, but I think since I did so many fun activities, and my brother was home it almost felt like Christmas! It was great having the sunny weather too. So very relaxing all around, and kind of addictive too! (Seeing as it's the middle of the week and I'm still dreaming about my weekend. =D) I'm thankful to have been able to relax so well, and that my family had such a fun weekend. What a blessing that so many faithful men and women have fought for our country, and worked hard to ensure those freedoms. What a blessing that the Lord has been so kind to allow that freedom in this country!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwww, hooray for family time!
Matchbox Pizza... if it's the one I'm thinking of (in Chinatown), I concur- delicious!!
Post a Comment