Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Breather

It took me until today (Wednesday) to realize it, but this week has been something of a breather for me. And a much needed one at that!

I got through a ton of chores over the weekend (er, Sunday night between 9pm and 2am), my list of Things To Do for this week is very simple, my schedule for the next two weeks is already planned and arranged, since I’m almost out of groceries I haven’t had to cook much this week, and I’ve been having very refreshing and encouraging quiet times recently. So yes, I guess anyone would be relaxed with all that! =)

It really is encouraging to me to have two whole weeks planned and taken care of. For the past 3 months or so everything has been quite up in the air and just minute-to-minute the whole time. I’ve been chasing the “elusive routine” that I used to run so well on, just to have it redefined every time I thought I’d caught up. I know how much I make time/control/efficiency an idol, but it has been wearisome having such a uncontrollable schedule these past months. Trusting God’s plan and timing is an area I still need to work on, so I take dear delight in Paul’s exhortation in Philippians:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7)

No comments: