Monday, July 20, 2009

A Party!

I had a small party on Friday night with a few couples from church, it was a blast! Even though my apartment is fairly small, and has previously prevented me from doing the entertaining I wished I could be doing, I finally just decided to get over it, rearranged the furniture as well as I could, crammed in some odd chairs, and had a party!

It was me, the Behrens family, the Gurleys, and the Conner family. The theme was "Tea & Treats", so I did lots of little finger-foods and bite sized munchies, in addition to scones and some other desserts. I think everyone had a good time of fun and fellowship, and the kids enjoyed themselves too. I don't have many toys around my place, but I have plenty of kids books so they enjoyed looking at those. It also turns out that I have a secret built-in "fort". If you crawl under the chair space at the counter you can tunnel behind the couch and pop up next to the armoire! Amazing!

I wish I had some pictures to share, especially since I finally do have a digital camera, but I need to get it all set up first. (Which should be happening this week!) Anyway, even without pictures to prove it, we had a great time. One of my guests asked if it was the largest number of people I'd had in my apartment and it was! I've had my small group there before, and out of town guests and friends and family, and other parties, and this doesn't count the people I had for MAC when I used the house upstairs, but this was certainly the most at one time in my place. So lots of fun and a record to boot, that's what I call a party!

No comments: