I'm not sure what it is about this week, but it's been a crazy one!
When I woke up Monday I was (foolishly) dreading the start of the week for no particular reason other than I had just had such a wonderful weekend that I was reluctant to give it up. Fortunately for me, it has pleased the Lord to provide me with many blessings this week, particularly through work and I can't believe how fun the week turned out to be.
Monday, after a slow start, turned out great, the main highlight being that my great friends from college and I had an e-mail party about planning a visit during the New Year's holiday. Everyone had holiday time-off requests due at work so we had a mad dash trying to figure out schedules. (Hence the Calendar Drama) But now it looks like we'll be ringing in the New Year right here in DC!
Tuesday was a day unto it's own. At work I had 3 hours of meetings, 2 hours of expense reports, 1 hour of calendar planning for my boss, 1 hour of e-mails, and 1 hour of my general daily tasks. Also, over my lunch hour I went grocery shopping. When I got home I put my groceries away, went for a run with my dog, came home and baked some chicken, made my first ever roast beef (which turned out awesome) with a Merlot-mushroom gravy, made a lasagna to freeze, made zucchini bread and a dozen blueberry scones, both from scratch. I also cleaned up my entire kitchen and throughout the night managed to squeeze in about 1 1/2 hours of down time. Got to bed by about 2 feeling great. All that and no caffeine? The Lord is Good.
Wednesday was a good day at work, then I had my friend Carreen and her children over to my place for a fun little "tea for dinner" party. We had tea and tea sandwiches and scones with clotted cream and cookies and other things. Later there was a great treat at CHBC Bible study and a dear saint visiting us from overseas was there. It was wonderful to hear encouragement from him on how things are going where he is, and just to see his joy in the Lord. Finally, by the end of the night I had resolved my calendar drama, though I spent much of the evening under the impression that the next day was Friday.
Thursday was pretty normal, though again spent a good portion of the morning thinking it was Friday.
Friday (today) is awesome, only now I think it's Thursday. This week has been such a blast I can't believe it's all ready over. And for those of you who think I'm a soda-hating freak I will admit I had a Diet Coke today, but only because I have a shift at my store tonight.
Not sure what tomorrow is going to bring, but if it's something good I will share. =)
Keep the good times rolling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment