Monday, October 6, 2008

For the beauty of the earth

I so love that Autumn is here! I love the cool air, harvest time, apples, crispy leaves, and oh yes, I have to list football too. I am going apple picking this weekend, one of my favorite fall activites, so I'm excited to have some time out of the city with family and friends.
It seems strange that at a time of year when flowers and trees and grass are hiding away for the winter, that I can be so encouraged by and assured of God's glory through nature. I feel some inherent sense of busy-ness and productivity, that even though I don't have a field harvest to bring in, God is using this wonderful time of year to reap other benefits instead. I pray that you all would enjoy this special time of year and be encouraged in your harvest!

No comments: