Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's so seemingly small...

For the first time in over 12 years, I have earrings again! It may seem strange, but this was a very major decision for me. I do enjoy being "fancy", but I only like it on special occasions, and jewelry of any type always has seemed a little too fancy for me.

Mind you though, there was a time when I did like to wear rings and necklaces and had several pairs of earrings. But then I think it seemed too impractical and I stopped. (I never did like having my hair snagged by earrings anyway.) For the past 8 years or so I have worn the same necklace everyday except maybe once a year when I have an occasion special enough for something nicer.

Anyway, even though my ears had long since healed themselves, you could still see a teeny hole in the earlobe so I had started thinking about getting them re-pierced. I even went so far as to purchase a pair of earrings I saw because I liked them so much and thought it might help me convince myself. Also, I will be a bridesmaid for my sister this fall, and I sure did want to have real earrings for that occasion.

So, after more than a decade of holding out, being almost anti-earring, I finally have earrings again! Thankfully, it only hurt just the tiniest bit, and the timing worked out great because I looked extra nice (for me) for an interview. I'll have to be patient with silver studs for awhile of course, but I have to admit, I think this time around I'll enjoy earrings much better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i haven't worn earrings since... let's see... Sr. prom in high school? I was never big on jewelry, and it seems kinda silly the fit I threw to convince my parents to let me get my ears pierced.

Kim said...

I can't wait to see them!