Last week I went with my mom to see her dad, my beloved Pop-pop, and his wife, Grammy Joan, and to help them move out of their home and into a new one. They have lived in the same house in Glenmoore, PA for over 30 years! My siblings and I have very fond memories of that house, the sights, the smells, all the wonderful familiarity of it. My family moved very often when my siblings and I were growing up, so we sure appreciated the "sameness" of that house. I hadn't been there in about 5 years so it was really great to see the old house one more time, and remember fond childhood memories.
Anyway, they have moved into a lovely bright sunny house in a senior community a few miles away from their old place. My mom and I were able to take several carloads of furniture, antiques, and other things over the two days we were there to get a head start on the big move that was at the end of the week. I also got to celebrate my birthday early with them so that was fun too. It was a nice trip all around because we were able to be useful to my grandparents, I got a thrill out of seeing the old house, a much-needed break from the city, and best of all got to spend time with my Pop-pop and Grammy! A good reminder to be thankful for the blessing of family!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment