Friday, November 7, 2008

'Tis the season too early?

I know I earlier confessed my obsession with Christmas but that really is mostly for Christmas music, not all Christmas stuff, or at least not yet anyway. So last night when I saw 4 Christmas commercials on tv in under 2 hours, on multiple networks, I was surprised. These were the first Christmas commercials I've seen so far, it was like all of a sudden everyone decided to start running them. (I think it was for a candy, a car, a credit card, and something else I can't remember) Perhaps an attempt to boost the economy by encouraging early shopping?

I always like the Coca-Cola polar bears/Coke truck or the Hershey Kiss bell choir as the true start of Christmas advertisting because they're more spirited and fun commercials. At any rate, I hope that the Christmas season will ease anyone who is feeling anxious about the economy, rather than adding to it. After all, families can enjoy all kinds of fun traditions without breaking the budget. Like going to a church service, that's free! Hmm, that might be a good way of inviting a friend or neighbor to a Christmas service. =)

Okay, I promise no more Christmas stuff for a while. I plan to enjoy Thanksgiving first!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Katy! I didn't know you kept a blog? I've been so enlightened by browsing Jill's blogroll list.

I am with you- while I love all things Christmas, I look forward to enjying Thanksgiving first!

Katy said...

HI Kyung! Yes, I just started my blog recently - I feel so brave! Thank you for visiting! =D

Jennilee said...

I KNOW!! I just saw a jingle bells hershey kiss commercial. What?!! Let me eat my turkey bird and pumpkin pie first!